About SOURCE INDIA 2019

  • Man-made Fibre is the most versatile raw material in the world.
  • 72% of the fibre used to manufacture T & C products is Man-made; the remaining 28% is natural fibre.
  • India is the second largest producer of MMF and the sixth largest exporter in the world.
  • In a USD 333 billion global textile market (excluding garments), USD 180 billion i.e. 54%, is being contributed by MMF textiles.
  • As flagbearers of the Indian Man-made Fibre Textile product manufacturers and exporters, SRTEPC has promoted MMF textiles Globally.
  • Source India is the flagship Global Reverse Buyer-Seller Meet of our Council that provides a platform for Indian exporters to meet and discuss business with leading buyers across the world.
  • Source India 2019 is intended to showcase to the world India’s expertise and experience in all segments of ‘Fibre to Fashion’ and thereby announce India as the ‘destination’ to source synthetic and rayon textile products.
  • Source India 2019 is being organised with the objective of fulfilling the requirements of Global Buyers, International & Indian Buying Houses, Fashion Brands, Retail Chains and Sourcing Agents for Man-made Fibres and Textile products in its complete range exhibited, under one roof.
  • All selected buyers invited to Source India 2019 will be provided complimentary return fare (economy class) to Mumbai, hotel accommodation at the Grand Hyatt and internal transfers.
  • We invite our member exporters as well as manufacturers of Man-made Fibre and Textile products who create the incredible textiles of India to take advantage of this unique opportunity to do business with the invited international buyers at the Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon, Mumbai.

Inauguration by Hon’ble Minister of Textiles

Discussion between Overseas Buyer and Exhibitor

How To Reach To Venue

The nearest airport is Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. Book a cab from airport to venue, which is around 8 kms.

Bombay Exhibition Centre is ideally situated along the Western Express Highway in Goregaon. The nearest suburban train station is Goregaon Station. This station also works as a medium to reach other railway stations with trains commuting to outstation locations like Bandra, Dadar and Mumbai Central Terminus.

Nearest Local Railway Station To Bombay Exhibition Centre Mumbai Maharashtra

Sr No. Station Name Station Code Distance Railway Zone
1 Ram Mandir Railway Station RMAR 1 Km Western Line
2 Goregaon Railway Station GMN 1 Km NA
3 Jogeshwari Railway Station JOS 2 Km Western Line
4 Andheri Railway Station ADH 3 Km Western Line
5 Malad Railway Station MDD 3 Km Western Line
6 Vile Parle Railway Station VLP 4 Km Western Line
7 Kandivali Railway Station KILE 4 Km Western Line
8 Santacruz Railway Station STC 6 Km Western Line
9 Kanjur Marg Railway Station KJMG 6 Km Central Line
10 Borivali Railway Station BVI 6 Km Western Line

Bombay Exhibition Centre is ideally situated along the Western Express Highway in Goregaon.

About MUMBAI

The city of Mumbai, formerly known as the Manchester of the East

  • Mumbai is the fashion capital of the country
  • Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra and financial capital of India
  • The state of Maharashtra is the second largest producer of MMFT yarn/fibre in the country
  • Nearly 30% of MMFT exporters are based in Mumbai
  • Presence of the entire textile value chain from ‘Fibre to Fashion’ is in Mumbai
  • Textile and Clothing constitute 40% of the organised retail industry of Mumbai
  • Mumbai generates more than 6% of India's GDP. It accounts for 25% of industrial output, 40% of sea trade, and 70% of capital transactions in India’s economy
  • The Reserve Bank of India, the Bombay Stock Exchange, the National Stock Exchange of India and nationalised banks are based in Mumbai
  • Home to Bollywood, the Hindi film industry as well as head offices of many Indian and MNC organisations
  • Mumbai has excellent road, rail, sea and air connectivity to other parts of the country